Contren® Connect eBooks provide a range of visual, auditory,
and interactive elements to enhance student learning and instructor delivery
of craft training. Each eBook includes all of the content from the print
book, is surrounded by an extensive suite of media tools, and features
numerous course delivery tools for educators. It can be used in a variety
of settings such as self-study, blended/distance education, or in the traditional
classroom environment! Contren® Connect is the perfect way
to benefit from the advantages that the internet has to offer!
TRAINEES/STUDENTS will benefit from:
- Online Lectures Each eBook module features a summary of key content accompanied by an Audio Summary so if students miss a class or just need a refresher this tool is always available.
- Personalization Tools – With the “highlighter” and “notes” options students can easily personalize their Contren® Connect eBook to keep track of important information just like in a print book.
- Quizzes – Short quizzes featuring multiple choice and fill-in-the-blank questions act as the ideal
study tool and provide students with immediate feedback.
- Active Figures – Interactive exercises engage students in the learning process by bringing key concepts to life!
- Video Presentations – Many of the eBooks include dynamic video clips that demonstrate difficult skills and concepts.
- Spanish Content - Several crafts feature Online Lectures and Audio Summaries in Spanish!
- An alternative way to learn - Students learn in different ways and Contren® Connect allows them the opportunity to review material at any time, providing them every chance to succeed!
INSTRUCTORS will benefit from:
- Time saved from grading and remediation - With Contren® Connect eBooks, students can review lectures, take quizzes, engage in Active Figures, and more. These can be assigned when students miss a class, as pre-work, or homework, saving instructors’ time before and after class! Students’ results from certain activities feed directly to an electronic gradebook.
- Easy communication – Built in communication devices including email, “Comments”, a course calendar, and “Discussion Topics” allow for easy communication with students.
- Reduced preparation time – The Instructor Toolkit, available for most crafts, includes complete Lesson Plans and Slide Presentations for easy course delivery!
- Increased “hands-on” time during class – By assigning pre-class work in Contren® Connect, students come more prepared to class, allowing more time for hands-on skills work.
- Livens up the classroom - with the right equipment, instructors can take advantage of the wide assortment of media tools including video clips and interactive animations in the classroom!
- Potentially better grades – Programs have reported an improvement in student grades when this interactive and engaging, self-study tool has been used as an integral part of the course.
- Convenience of 24/7 access! - Contren® Connect is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from any computer with internet access. You and your students are busy people and sometimes convenient access is critical to success!
PROGRAMS/ORGANIZATIONS will benefit from:
- Expand your reach through distance education! If you are challenged by having to educate students in a large geographic area, Contren® Connect brings the classroom to the student whenever needed.
- Scheduling Flexibility – Users have found significant scheduling benefits when using Contren® Connect. For example:
- Some programs that had formal classes two times per week, have been able to cut down to one time per week with a blended approach. Students now need to cover required material through Contren® Connect outside of the classroom. This has also resulted in improved absenteeism as commitment to formal class time is now only one night per week.
- Secondary benefits from a blended approach include cost savings to students/trainees with less commuting time as well as cost savings with the facility as it is open less often or is now available to offer additional classes in other areas.
- Having to reschedule classes due to inclement weather has now been eliminated as “make –up” work is now done through Contren® Connect.
Contren® Connect is available for the following NCCER crafts: Core Curriculum, Carpentry Levels 1-4, Electrical Levels 1-4, HVAC Levels 1-4, Plumbing Levels 1-4, Electronic Systems Technician Levels 1-4, and Construction Technology.
Please note: A version of Your Role in the Green Environment is available as a basic electronic eBook. This eBook will assist your trainees in preparing for the Green Advantage® Commercial/Residential certification exam and comes with over 140 PowerPoint Slides.